Corporate Social Responsibility
Ethical Labour Practices
Dining FacilitiesEach production floor in our factory is connected with a well-equipped dining hall to facilitate workers to relax and enjoy lunch during the breaks. Besides, safe drinking water dispensers are available throughout the factory premises.
Prayer FacilitiesSeparate prayer rooms for men and women facilitate workers to perform spiritual rituals.
- The workers and their family members enjoy free medical treatment and medicine provided by full-time doctors and nurses at the medical center in our factory.
- RMG Nutrition Project is organized to improve worker’s health in collaboration with the implementation partner Global Alliance for Improvement (GAIN), the project coordinator, the health partner International Center for Diarrheal Diseases Research Bangladesh (ICDDRB), the child care partner Shobujer Ovijan Foundation (SOF), and the evaluation partner Innovation for Poverty Action (IPA).
Child CareOur day-care center set up in the factory premises, staffed with certified child-caregivers, and equipped with modern facilities, provide free and quality child care to all the workers and staff members.
Safe and Congenial Workplace
- The factory premises are protected with high fencing and CCTV surveillance, with a sufficient number of security guards manning all visitor and vehicle checkpoints, under the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) project.
- The factory is equipped with central fire control system as well as ventilation and cooling system, and workers are provided with protective equipment such as masks.
- Workers enjoy free insurance coverage.
- Fair Labour Association
- Grievance Handling System
- Social Dialogue Program
- Folk music is regularly played at the workshops.
Personal DevelopmentOur modern training facilities offer all-round training programs designed for continuous professional development of the workers and staff members.
- Refreshers and Helpline training
- Training programs for sewing operators, helpers and quality inspectors
- Garment Production Training Program
- Project Management Training
- Leadership & Decision-Making training
- Accounts Management Training
- Safety training for all employees
- Fire safety training
- Production safety measures training
- Production improvement training
- Product quality improvement training
- Human rights training
- Fresh Graduate Development Programs
Management Training Program for Fresh GraduatesIn order to facilitate graduates to have a better understanding of the garments industry processes, each graduate has to spend several days at each department and learn the best practice in the industry through training and seminars in this 2-month program. The curriculum covers project management, supply chain, manufacturing management, quality management, inventory management, Lean, Enterprise Resource Planning, Corporate Social Responsibility, etc.
Production Industry Engineering Training Program for Fresh GraduatesIn order for the graduates to better understand actual sewing process, specialized seminars on production related topics are offered in this 3-month program. The curriculum covers IE basics, pre-production preparation, production monitoring, troubleshooting, performance evaluation etc.
Inventory Management Training Program for Fresh GraduatesThe month-long program focuses on how to manage inventory system and control inventory.
- Female welfare officers provide consultancy and employee awareness
- Women in Factory Initiative (WiFI) offers foundation training, advance training, and learning sharing meetings etc
Rewards and Incentives
- High performing staff members are awarded with a variety of rewards, ranging from material rewards, zero interest home loans, to training opportunities in China.
- Workers with perfect attendance records are awarded with attractive prizes such as fridge, TV, microwave oven, cooking pot and tiffin box through trimonthly lotteries.
RecreationBengali movies show and photo exhibitions, sports tournaments and picnics are regularly organized for employees, enriching their cultural life and building strong bonds.
KS Apparels Limited has rapidly grown into the scale it is today by recognizing that sustainable expansion of business is only achieved when compliance and corporate social responsibility are ingrained in our process and vision.
Vision Sustainability Statement
KS Apparels Limited is committed to increase awareness and understanding of environmental sustainability and for all employees and workers to put sustainability into practice in the workplace, living environment and broader community.
Priority Areas and Sustainability Poli
Positive Impact in the Community
KS Apparels Limited continuously contribute to improve community at nearby mosques, schools, and aid in road repairing, bridge and traffic.
Positive Impact on the Environment
KS Apparels Limited is committed to continuously reduce CO2 emissions in a quest to a more sustainable environment.
Positive Impact on Nation-Building.
People development, financial development, educational development.