Compliance of KS Apparels Ltd.
K. S. Apparels Ltd. is renewned organizations in Bangladesh Garments industry and a good number of GDP contributors for the country. KS Apparels Ltd. is a responsible apparel producer and embodies, both in spirit and practice, internationally established codes of social accountability and ethical business practices. It recognizes and respects cultural differences and employs individuals solely on the basis of their qualification for the job. We identify and work with suppliers and buyers who as individuals and in the conduct of their business abide by local laws and have ethical standards compatible to it.
The bases of the various parameters that comprise the code of conduct are drawn from the following:
- Ethical Trading Initiative
- Global Sourcing Principles of Key Customers
- Local Legislation
Corporate social responsibility (CSR), also known as corporate responsibility, corporate business, sustainable responsible business (SRB), or corporate social performance, is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. Ideally, CSR policy would function as a built-in, self-regulating mechanism whereby business would monitor and ensure its adherence to law, ethical standards, and international norms. Essentially, CSR is the deliberate inclusion of public interest into corporate decision making, and the honoring of a triple bottom line: People, Planet, and Profit.
Here, in case of K.S. Apparels Ltd. as a growing company, it has some responsibilities of its own and in case of RMG sector as it deals with the poor and the large folk groups of our country their earnest responsibility is to maintain these activities for helping the society not for the marketing promotion.
With respect to the Govt. law & legislature KS Apparels Ltd. never employ directly or indirectly the children below the minimum age of completion of compulsory schooling as defined by law, which shall not be less than 18 years.KS engage age-verification mechanisms as part of the recruitment process, which process is not degrading or disrespectful to the worker. This principle aims to protect children from any form of exploitation. In removing children from the workplace, KS Apparels Ltd. identify in a proactive manner, measures to ensure the protection of affected children. When appropriate, KS pursue the possibility to provide decent work for adult household members of the affected children’s family. All disciplinary procedures established in written format.
KS Apparels Ltd. never engage in any form of servitude, forced, bonded, indentured, trafficked or non-voluntary labour. KS Apparels Ltd. allow their workers the right to leave work and freely terminate their employment provided that workers give reasonable notice to the employer. KS Apparels Ltd. ensure that workers are not subject to inhumane or degrading treatment, corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion and/or verbal abuse. All disciplinary procedures are in written format and well explained verbally to workers in clear and understandable terms during the training period.
WAGES & BENEFITS
KS Apparels Ltd. always pay the wages within the 7th working day in every month to their worker. If there is any complain regarding the wages, worker should inform the administration by 15th of the same month and the remediation taken care by the department in immediate effect. The minimum wage range is shown as below.
– Apprentice: Minimum wages BDT 5975/= for 3 months and after the training period he/she will be promoted to the position of Grade#7 worker.
– Helper (Grade#7): Minimum wages BDT 8,000/=. When a helper starts to operate machine,he/she will be promoted to the position of Grade#6 worker.
– General Operator (Grade#6): Minimum wages BDT 8,420/=
– Junior Operator (Grade#5): Minimum wages BDT 8,875/=. When a junior operator work in the position for 2 years, he/she will promoted to the position of Grade#4 worker.
– Operator (Grade#4): Minimum wages BDT 9,347/=.
– Senior Operator (Grade#3): Minimum wages BDT 9845/
Other Benefits are mentioned as below.
– In each year KS Apparels Ltd. pay 2 Festival Bonus to the Worker which is equivalent to the 2 months basic salary of the same worker.
– In each year KS Apparels Ltd pay 10% increment to the worker.
– Every promotion and increment implemented on the basis of the worker’s performance.
– KS Apparels Ltd entertain the Attendance Bonus to the worker.
Manual of the wages for Over Time (extra working hour after the regular 8hrs working hour) are mentioned as below.
– Each week a worker should work for 48hrs that means 8hrs per day.
– After this 8hrs all the working hour should calculated as Over Time.
– For every single hour of over time KS Apparels pay their worker regular 2hrs wages. That means the overtime wages should always be the double of regular time wages.
HOLIDAYS & LEAVE:
KS Apparels Ltd maintain the weekly holiday is on the Friday in each week.
Also KS Apparels Ltd maintain the Government Holiday Calendar in each year for their employees as per the
circular of BGMEA. And in accordance to this each employee get 11 days festival holiday in each year and which always published in the company notice board on the month of January
KS Apparels Ltd maintain the following leave system for their employees but to be mentioned that these leave depends upon the decision of the KS Apparels Ltd management.
– Casual Leave: Yearly 10 Days for each individual. These leave will not carried in the next year and it should not be more than 3 days continuously.
– Sick Leave: Yearly 14 Days for each individual. These leave will not carried in the next year. The medical documents as well as the doctor’s certificate should be submitted to the KS Apparels Ltd HR & Admin Department to achieved the leave.
– Earned Leave: For continuous 18 working days work of any individual employee, he/she will be awarded 1 day leave which can be carried in the next year as per the employee requirement.
– Maternity Leave: Every individual can achieve this leave as per the following system:
– Worker should have experience of minimum 6 months in KS Apparels Ltd.
– Before the birth of child 8 weeks and after the birth of child 8 weeks, total 16 weeks leave
– All the medical document as well as the doctor’s certificate should be submitted to the KS Apparels Ltd.
– Beyond the regulation leave, if any employee need any extra leave for the same purpose,
– These Leave category will not entertain more than 2 times in the service life of KS Apparels Ltd. Apparels will be granted for the concern employee.
– HR & Admin Department to achieved the leave payment.
concern employee should notify the HR & Admin Department in prior basis.for each individual.
RESIGN & TERMINATION
– To Terminate any Permanent Employee, KS Apparels Ltd will notify the concern before 120 days from the date of termination. Otherwise 120 days basic salary should be payable towards the employee.
– To Terminate any Temporary Employee, KS Apparels Ltd will notify the concern before 60 days from the date of termination. Otherwise 60 days basic salary should be payable towards the employee.
To Resign from KS Apparels Ltd , every individual should notify the HR & Admin Department before 60 days from the date of resign.
KS Apparels Ltd will not discriminate, exclude or have a certain preference for persons on the basis of gender, age, religion, race, caste, birth, social background, disability, ethnic and national origin, nationality, membership in unions or any other legitimated organizations, political affiliation or opinions,sexual orientation, family responsibilities, marital status, diseases or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination. In particular, workers shall not be harassed or disciplined on any of the grounds listed above.
Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
On the matter of appointment women will get the same right as the men gets in the factory. As well as the work related to danger for health & safety will not enforce to the women. Also the pregnant women should not do any job which lead them to stand for a long time or, which works need to carry weight.
KS Apparels Ltd maintain the related paper works as well as the guideline to maintain the scale of quality for each product. And all the procedure to maintain the quality for each department should be maintained in written format and well explained verbally to workers in clear and understandable terms during the training period.
FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
Factory should establish good management practices that involve workers and their representatives in sound information exchange on workplace issues, and allow for appropriate measures for protecting workers in line with the aspirations of the KS Apparels Ltd Code of Conduct. Factory should take specific steps to make workers aware of their rights and responsibilities.
KS Apparels Ltd allow workers , without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively. Company adopts an open attitude towards the activities of trade unions and their organizational activities. Workers representatives are not discriminated against and have access to carry out their representative functions in the workplace. Where the right to freedom of association and collective bargaining is restricted under law, KS Apparels Ltd facilitates, and does not hinder,the development of parallel means for independent and free association and bargaining.
MISBEHAVE & CONSEQUENCES
KS Apparels Ltd have their own code according to the Bangladesh Govt. law for worker misbehave & their consequences.Following certain actions should take as a consideration of misbehave for the employees:
– Disrespect of company advice individually or, by making any group.
– Stealing, dishonesty or, any kind of cheating action.
– Damage any kind of assets which belongs to KS Apparels Ltd.
– Taking any kind of money in terms of bad means.
– Habitually late or, absent to the work place. If any employee absent or, late for ten days in a year without permission that will considered as a habitually absent or, late respectively.
– Breaking the necessary rules & regulation of the company.
– Drinking alcohol or, taking drugs , fighting within the factory premises or, any kind of serious misbehave.
– Individually or, within a group do any action against the company or, country.
– Taking money from anybody within the company without any approval of company concern.
– Smoking within the Non-Smoking area.
– Showing any poster or, writing anything in the wall without the permission of company concern.
– Perform any kind of conference without the permission of company concern.
– Play any kind of lottery.
– Create any kind of vandalism.
– Leave the work place without the permission of company concern.
– Sleeping during the working hour.
– Submission of false document or, information to the company.
– Doing any kind of business inside the company.
– Having any police case previously.
– Not using of the safety equipment.
Consequences list for making any kind of misbehave are as below:
– Warning to the individual or to the group.
– Increment of wages could be stopped.
– Salary deduction.
– Promotion could be halted.
– Termination from the job.
HEALTH & SAFETY
– A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind the prevailing knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring in the course of work, by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
– Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training, and such training shall be repeated for new or reassigned workers.
– The company should give the access to clean toilet facilities and to potable water, and, if appropriate, sanitary facilities for food storage for the worker.
– The company observing the code shall assign responsibility for health and safety to a senior management representative.
– The company should maintain this principle when they respect the right to healthy working and living conditions of workers and local communities, without prejudice to the specific expectations set out hereunder. Vulnerable individuals such as – but not limited to – young workers, new and expecting mothers and persons with disabilities, shall receive special protection.
– The company shall comply with occupational health and safety regulations or with international standards where domestic legislation is weak or poorly enforced.
– The active co-operation between management and workers, and/or their representatives is essential in order to develop and implement systems towards ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. This should be achieved through the established Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
– The company shall take all appropriate measures within their sphere of influence, to see to the stability and safety of the equipment and buildings they use, including residential facilities to workers when these are provided by the employer as well as to protect against any foreseeable emergency.
– The company shall respect the workers’ right to exit the premises from imminent danger without seeking permission.